British Airways is offering almost two million seats from London City Airport this summer and launching a new three-times-a-week service to Skiathos.
It is the third Greek Island route, alongside Mykonos and Santorini, from London City but this is the first time British Airways has operated to Skiathos, a destination favoured by tourists for its many pine forests and over 60 beaches.
In addition flights to Mykonos will increase from four to five flights a week.
The new Skiathos route will start on June 26 and operate during the peak summer weeks until September.
Basic each way fares from £79 are available to book from today on www.ba.com/londoncity
Earlier this week British Airways also announced the launch of a new weekly service between London City and Manchester from May. These flights will go on sale on February 21.
The new routes means 29 destinations will operate in British Airways’ colours from London City Airport this summer.
Flights from London City to Angers in France will stop due to air traffic control restrictions and flights to Hamburg are also being withdrawn for commercial reasons.
Luke Hayhoe, British Airways’ general manager customer and commercial, London City, said: “This is the busiest year yet for British Airways with 1.9 million seats on sale from London City Airport. We are delighted to include Skiathos in our summer sunshine routes as well as increasing the number of flights to Mykonos. With a good mix of leisure and business destinations we are providing an excellent choice of network and schedule direct from the Docklands for our customers.”
Note to editors:
- Flights to Skiathos will depart at 7.10am, arriving at 12.30pm local time, with the return flight at 1.15pm arriving at London City at 2.55pm.
- This summer British Airways will operate from London City to: Amsterdam, Bergerac, Berlin, Billund, Bremen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Faro, Florence, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Granada, Geneva, Ibiza, Isle of Man, Mahon, Malaga, Manchester, Mykonos, New York, Nice, Palma, Quimper, Rotterdam, Santorini, Skiathos, Venice and Zurich.
For more information please contact email@example.com
- CRUZ ANNOUNCES £4.5bn INVESTMENT TO MAKE A ‘BRITISH AIRWAYS FOR EVERYONE’
- A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: STARS ALIGN TO CELEBRATE £17 MILLION MILESTONE
- DRIVE TO RECRUIT NEW CAPTAINS
- 17 IN ’17: BRITISH AIRWAYS CELEBRATES RAISING £17MILLION FOR COMIC RELIEF
- BRITISH AIRWAYS REUNITES COUPLE LIVING 10,000 MILES APART
- BRITISH AIRWAYS REVAMPS FLAGSHIP CONCORDE ROOM