Do you drive a Toyota Prius? Ride a bike? Support an underachieving sports team? If yes you’re definitely ‘Berkeley Enough’.
To mark the start of their new US route to Oakland, San Francisco Bay, British Airways has teamed up with YouTube star DJ Dave Wittman, a Berkeley-born, native Californian and social media sensation who has been posing this question on his channel since 2011. Dave has created a number of videos comparing the destination with other cool US cities, including New York and LA.
Oakland is the airline's first route from Gatwick to California and its fifth service from London to the 'golden state' and fares start from £210 each way.
In his latest video, Dave, whose Whole Foods Parking Lot parody has been viewed more than 5.9 million times, is challenged to a rap battle with Londoner and old friend Tom. Tom tells Dave to come to London and is seen roaming around some of the capitals most popular hotspot including; Borough Market, Camden Lock, Abbey Road Studios, The London Eye and Oxford Circus.
To view the video click here.
DJ Dave, who grew up in the San Francisco East Bay in Berkeley, just north of neighbouring Oakland, said: "Oakland, Berkeley and London are all such cool cities so I wanted to bring all three together when creating this video. Live music, especially jazz really thrives in Berkeley and it’s such a culturally vibrant and exciting place. It’s also just a 20 minute car ride from central San Francisco. I’ve been looking forward to taking my family on a trip to the UK for a while and now there’s a direct flight from Oakland to London it’s easier than ever."
Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation for the Port of Oakland, said: “Our tourism partners in the San Francisco East Bay and Wine Country have stepped up to promote BA’s service at Oakland Airport. Visit Oakland has executed an exciting campaign focused on UK tour operators and Visit Berkeley, in particular, has joined forces with us to develop this fun and informative edition of DJ Dave’s popular “Berkeley Enough” series of music videos distributed on social media.
”We think viewers on both sides of the Atlantic will enjoy it and answer the call to decide for themselves if London is Berkeley enough, and vice versa, by taking the new flight between Oakland and London-Gatwick on British Airways.”
Perfectly placed in North California, Oakland also makes a good starting point for road trips, with San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego and Los Angeles, all within easy reach for fly-drive enthusiasts. British Airways offers multi-destination bookings, allowing customers to fly in and out of different airports.
For those who are ‘Berkeley enough’ British Airways Holidays has the following packages on offer:
- British Airways Holidays offers five nights at the 3* Whitcomb, from £689 per person, travelling November 15 to December 13. Includes World Traveller return flights from Gatwick and accommodation. Book by May 14. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0344 493 0122.
- British Airways Holidays offers five nights at the 4* Hotel Serrano, from £729 per person, travelling February 1 to February 28. Includes World Traveller return flights from Gatwick and accommodation. Book by May 14. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0344 493 0122.
- British Airways Holidays offers seven days, from £549 per person, travelling November 1 to December 13. Includes World Traveller return flights from Gatwick and an economy car. Book by May 14. For reservations visit ba.com/car.
For more information or to book a flight or holiday, please visit ba.com
- CRUZ ANNOUNCES £4.5bn INVESTMENT TO MAKE A ‘BRITISH AIRWAYS FOR EVERYONE’
- A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: STARS ALIGN TO CELEBRATE £17 MILLION MILESTONE
- DRIVE TO RECRUIT NEW CAPTAINS
- 17 IN ’17: BRITISH AIRWAYS CELEBRATES RAISING £17MILLION FOR COMIC RELIEF
- BRITISH AIRWAYS REUNITES COUPLE LIVING 10,000 MILES APART
- BRITISH AIRWAYS REVAMPS FLAGSHIP CONCORDE ROOM