Families look set to keep it closer to home and take more breaks this summer thanks to a partnership between British Airways and some of the UK’s biggest airports.
The airline is offering free flights for children under 12 who travel with a full paying adult on journeys between Heathrow and Leeds, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Inverness, Belfast and the home of LEGO; Billund in Denmark.
The partnership means up to two children can fly for free when travelling with an adult even during the school holidays. It can be used on Euro Traveller tickets booked from May 10 to October 1 for travel from June 1 until October 31, 2017. Find out more and book online at ba.com/kids-fly-free.
Adam Daniels, British Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Saving every penny counts when it comes to family holidays so flying kids for free will make it cheaper to fly away for fun and see more of the UK and Europe this summer.
“With so many fantastic tourist attractions and activities for kids across Britain, the offer also looks set to give UK tourism a boost by encouraging families to visit London, the North, Scotland and Northern Ireland for their holidays.”
Helping to cut holiday costs even further, there are also plenty of family-friendly offers to save customers even more money on the way, with kids-eat-free deals at participating restaurants at Heathrow Terminal 5, complimentary travel for youngsters on the Heathrow Express and kids stay free offers at selected Hilton Hotels.
British Airways destination experts share their top tips on the best places to visit to keep children entertained this summer:
- LEGOLAND Billund Resort
- LEGO idea house
- Sculpture park
- Odense Zoo
- Edinburgh Castle
- Arthur’s seat
- Edinburgh Zoo
- HMY Britannia
Northern Ireland (Belfast City)
- W5 at Odyssey
- Titanic Belfast
- The Giant’s Causeway
- Streamvale Open Farm
- Ulster Museum at the Botanic Gardens
Yorkshire (Leeds Bradford):
- The Royal Armouries Museum
- National Media Museum
- Leeds Art Gallery/Henry Moore Institute
- Leeds Owl Trail
- Stockeld Park
- Natural History Museum
- London Zoo
- Tower of London
- Loch Ness and the Loch Ness monster
- Landmark Park
- Cawdor Castle
- Inverness Botanic Gardens
North East of England (Newcastle):
- Durham Cathedral
- Alnwick Castle
- Angel of the North
- Seven Stories – the National Centre for Children’s Books.
British Airways has launched its multi-million pound investment plan to benefit its customers with a focus on excellence in the premium cabins and more choice and quality for all.
Four hundred million pounds will be spent on Club World with an emphasis on improved catering and sleep, and a new seat in the future. At Heathrow a First Wing check-in area with direct security and lounge access has launched, and lounges around the airline’s network are to be revamped and improved. The Club Europe cabin has also been introduced on UK domestic services and all customers can look forward to the latest generation Wi-Fi across British Airways’ long-haul and short-haul fleets over the next two years.
Notes to editors:
• Return adult hand baggage only economy fares on British Airways flights from June to November, between Heathrow and the following airports start from:
£87 – Belfast
£80 – Inverness
£88 – Leeds
£83 – Newcastle
£79 – Edinburgh
£73 – Billund
• Kids fly free applies to children who are under 12 at the start of the journey
• Kids must be accompanied by an adult, and up to two kids can fly for free with each fare paying adult
• The offer runs from June 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017
• All seats are subject to availability
• The offer is valid on one-way and return tickets from London Heathrow (LHR) to/from Leeds Bradford (LBA), Newcastle (NCL), Edinburgh (EDI), Inverness (INV), Belfast (BHD) and Billund (BLL), Denmark.
• Flights must be booked between 13:00 May 10, 2017 and 23:59 September 30, 2017 and travel must be taken between June 1, 2017 and October 31, 2017. Blackout periods apply on some destinations.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS STAFF, AN ARMY OF VOLUNTEERS AND CELEBRITIES GIVE DREAMFLIGHT 2017 THE X FACTOR
- "A HUG WORTH TRAVELLING ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD FOR" - BRITISH AIRWAYS TAKES AUNT ON A MISSION TO HONG KONG IN A FLURRY OF FEATHERS, GLITTER AND PRISCILLA THE MUSICAL
- BRITISH AIRWAYS CELEBRATES WORK EXPERIENCE MONTH
- DOUBLE AVIOS OFFER ON ALL BRITISH AIRWAYS ROUTES AND CABINS
- TOP 18 FOR 2018
- BRITISH AIRWAYS TO EXPAND INVERNESS – HEATHROW SERVICE