British Airways is making enjoying the winter sun even easier for customers this year with extra flights from Heathrow and Gatwick being added to the airline's schedules.
The airline is launching a new route from Heathrow to Tenerife for sun worshippers keen to fly and flop in the Canaries, with the first flight taking to the skies from October 21 and return fares available from just £98. British Airways already operates six flights a week to Tenerife from Gatwick.
The flights are now available to book through ba.com and are scheduled to operate until the end of March, 2018.
From October 29 Heathrow services to ever popular sun spots Palma, Malaga and Palermo will go from summer-only to year-round, while three flights a week from Gatwick to Paphos will also operate throughout the winter months.
For those wanting to head to cooler climes and celebrate Christmas early, the airline is also launching a four-per-week service to Nuremburg. From November 30, 2017 until January 7, 2018 customers will be able to fly direct from Gatwick to the Bavarian city and enjoy its picture-perfect Christmas markets from only £78 return.
Sean Doyle, British Airways' director of network and alliances, said: "Our flights to European sunshine destinations are proving incredible popular with customers, which is why we are laying on even more flights to cope with the extra demand for seats.
“Guaranteed sunshine, idyllic beaches and charming villages make Tenerife an ideal holiday choice all year round, while the Christmas markets in Nuremburg are considered some of the best in the world, so we're pleased to be able to offer such a diverse range of places to fly to."
Families and holiday-makers looking to soak up some culture with a city break will also have more choice this winter with an additional weekly service from Gatwick to Vienna, Tirana and Marrakech.
Skiers wanting slope off to Turin and Geneva from Gatwick will also benefit from an additional weekly service on both routes. The extra flights come on top of recently announced new winter ski routes to Turin and Grenoble from Heathrow.
For those keen to fly and flop for less this winter British Airways Holidays have the following packages on offer:
- Mallorca - British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 3* Helios Hotel, from £239 per person, travelling November 1 to November 30. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Heathrow and accommodation. Book by July 11. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0344 493 0122.
- Malaga - British Airways Holidays offers seven nights at the 3* Sol Timor, from £179 per person, travelling November 1 to November 30. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Gatwick and accommodation. Book by September 30. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0844 493 07897.
- Palermo - British Airways Holidays offers five nights at the 4* Centrale, from £219 per person, travelling November 1 to November 30. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Heathrow and accommodation. Book by July 11. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0344 493 0125.
- Tenerife - British Airways Holidays offers four nights at the 3* RF Astoria, from £199 per person, travelling November 1 to November 30. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from Gatwick and accommodation. Book by July 11. For reservations visit ba.com or call 0344 493 0125.
For further information or to book a flight visit ba.com or call 0844 493 0787.
For further information on things to do in Tenerife, then please visit www.webtenerife.co.uk.
Day of the week departure
Tues, Weds, Thurs, Sat
Weds, Thurs, Sat, Sun
Day of the week departure
Mon, Thurs, Sun
4 (for 5 weeks)
Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun
Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sun
Two per day M-F, five on Saturdays, six on Sundays
- FIRST IS FLYING WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS
- CAPITAL-ISING ON NEW ROUTES
- STARS SHOW OFF SAFETY IN NEW BRITISH AIRWAYS VIDEO
- NEW SKI ROUTES FROM MANCHESTER FROM £49
- CAPTAIN FLIES AIRCRAFT THAT SPAN A CENTURY
- BA-CK TO SCHOOL AS BRITS FAIL GEOGRAPHY TEST