Sun seekers wanting to discover paradise next year will now have even more choice as British Airways launches direct flights to one of the world’s most desirable holiday destinations.
From March 24 2018 customers will be able to fly direct from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the Seychelles, making British Airways the only airline offering a non-stop service from the UK.
Scattered across the Indian Ocean and famed as some of the most idyllic islands on the planet, flights will take to the skies twice-a-week from March to October and will be operated by the airline’s newest fleet of aircraft, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The Seychelles offers honeymooners, families and sun worshippers world famous beaches, crystal clear waters, easy island hopping and colourful coral reefs.
With flights taking off on Wednesdays and Saturdays, the route timetable is perfectly positioned for honeymooners and holidaymakers keen to immerse themselves in island-life for longer and book 10 night trips and extend their break.
Sean Doyle, British Airways’ director of network and alliances, said: “The Seychelles is one of the most beautiful places on earth and we’re delighted to be adding this collection of islands to our extensive route network. Customers can now get into ‘holiday mode’ even earlier with British Airways’ direct flights from London taking 10 hours, instead of over 13 hours with a connection in the Middle East. As one of the leading luxury holiday destinations, the Seychelles offers customers a wide range of accommodation and activities in stunning natural surroundings.”
The airline recently launched its multi-million pound investment plan to benefit its customers with a focus on excellence in the premium cabins and more choice and quality for all.
Four hundred million pounds will be spent on Club World with an emphasis on improved catering and sleep, and a new seat in the future. At Heathrow a First Wing check-in area with direct security and lounge access has launched, and lounges around the airline’s network are to be revamped and improved. The Club Europe cabin has also been introduced on UK domestic services and all customers can look forward to the latest generation Wi-Fi across British Airways’ long-haul and short-haul fleets over the next two years.
Day of week
LHR to SEZ
Wednesday and Saturday
SEZ to LHR
Thursday and Sunday
Facts and stats:
- The Seychelles is made up of 115 individual islands
- The two largest islands are Mahé and Praslin
- The most popular time of year to visit is May through to November
- The average temperatures in May is 30 degrees
- The time difference is GMT +4
For further information, please contact email@example.com
- BRITISH AIRWAYS STAFF, AN ARMY OF VOLUNTEERS AND CELEBRITIES GIVE DREAMFLIGHT 2017 THE X FACTOR
- "A HUG WORTH TRAVELLING ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD FOR" - BRITISH AIRWAYS TAKES AUNT ON A MISSION TO HONG KONG IN A FLURRY OF FEATHERS, GLITTER AND PRISCILLA THE MUSICAL
- BRITISH AIRWAYS CELEBRATES WORK EXPERIENCE MONTH
- DOUBLE AVIOS OFFER ON ALL BRITISH AIRWAYS ROUTES AND CABINS
- TOP 18 FOR 2018
- BRITISH AIRWAYS TO EXPAND INVERNESS – HEATHROW SERVICE