British Airways customers will be able to watch a specially made TV tribute about rock icon David Bowie on board the airline’s long-haul flights from next week.
‘David Bowie - Five Years In The Making of an Icon’, which was shown just a few days ago on BBC 2, features a wealth of previously unseen archive footage, providing an intimate portrait which focuses on five key years in David Bowie's career - from Ziggy Stardust to the Soul Star of 'Young Americans' to his global success with 'Let’s Dance'.
The programme marks the first in a series of specially selected content chosen by British Airways to mark Bowie’s passing and offer customers the opportunity to listen to some of his most memorable tracks during their flights.
Richard D’Cruze, British Airways’ in-flight entertainment manager, said: “In recognition of the huge impact Bowie had on popular British culture, and to people around the world, we felt that it was a fitting tribute to the man and his music.
“We hope over the coming months our customers will use their flights to rediscover and appreciate Bowie’s distinctive music and unmistakable sound through our specially selected content”
In addition to the TV special, on selected flights from April 1, customers will be able to choose from the following audio programmes:
- Two hour long David Bowie ‘In-Concerts’ - both recorded in 1996
- ‘The Best of Bowie (1969-1974)’ documentary, recorded in 1997, featuring a round-up of Bowie’s best songs from his early career with interview clips
- A ‘David Bowie at the Beeb’ documentary - telling the story behind his unique BBC recordings and interview sessions
- ‘IntheStudio.Net’ – David Bowie in conversation with DJ Redbeard, featuring his career from 1969 to 1973
And on selected flights from May 1, customers can listen to the following:
- ‘Profiles: David Bowie’ – featuring Bowie talking about his career up until the end of the 1970s
- ‘The David Bowie Story’ – long and exclusive interview with Bowie, filling in the stories behind his best known songs, recorded in 1993
Customers who fly with British Airways on these long-haul flights have free access to over 1,300 hours of content via their personal seatback screen through British Airways’ High Life entertainment. This includes the very latest Hollywood blockbusters, TV box sets and music.
For further information visit www.ba.com or to book a flight call British Airways on 0344 493 0787.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAKING AVIOS GO FURTHER TO THE MIDDLE EAST WITH 25 PER CENT OFF
- PHOENIX FLIGHTS
- BRITISH AIRWAYS SURVEY REVEALS BRITS’ ANNUAL LEAVE HABITS AT THE HALF-WAY POINT THROUGH THE YEAR