British Airways has made a number of changes to the service customers will receive on flights to and from China and Hong Kong to make travellers feel more at home on board.
New dark blue slippers will be introduced in Club World and World Traveller Plus ahead of Chinese New Year.
The airline has also added Twining’s green tea as a beverage option in all cabins, giving a nod to the popular tea culture that both China and Britain share.
Customers will also now receive bilingual menu cards and the option of chopsticks or cutlery when dining.
Richard Tams, executive vice president China, said: "We understand how important it is for our customers to feel comfortable when flying with us. Following customer feedback we have added a number of extra touches to our flights to and from China. These include slippers, green tea and chopsticks, which we hope will add value and create a more culturally authentic experience for Chinese customers when they choose to fly with us"
British Airways’ menus are tailored to suit each route. Customers traveling to China and Hong Kong can expect to enjoy things such as stir fried Kung Pao Chicken or Pork Wonton soup with pak choi and noodles in January.
The airline currently has a sale running, with return flights to Beijing starting from £387, flights to Shanghai starting from £496 and flights to Hong Kong starting from £445.
For any further information please contact the press office by emailing email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- The British Airways world sale runs until midnight on January 31, 2017
- British Airways operates seven flights a week to Beijing, 10 flights a week to Shanghai and 14 flights a week to Hong Kong
- NEW SUMMER SUN FLIGHTS FROM DUBLIN AND EDINBURGH
- LAUNCH OF MILAN FLIGHTS FROM TWO LONDON AIRPORTS
- BRITISH AIRWAYS FLIGHTS RETURN TO BIRMINGHAM AND BRISTOL
- THAT’S COCKTAIL HOUR IN NEW ORLEANS Y’ALL!
- HIGH FLYING JAZZ: BRITISH AIRWAYS REVEALS WINNERS OF BUSK FOR YOUR SEAT COMPETITION
- ALMOST TWO MILLION SEATS AND A NEW ROUTE FROM LONDON CITY